Monday, March 5, 2018

Review: Flood Watch (Lantern Beach Mysteries #2) by Christy Barritt

About the Book

The tide is high, and so is the danger on Lantern Beach.

Still in hiding after infiltrating a dangerous gang, Cassidy Livingston just has to make it a few more months before she can testify at trial and resume her old life. But trouble keeps finding her, and Cassidy is pulled into a local investigation after a man mysteriously disappears from the island she now calls home.

A recurring nightmare from her time undercover only muddies things, as does a visit from the parents of her handsome ex-Navy SEAL neighbor. When a friend's life is threatened, Cassidy must make choices that put her on the verge of blowing her cover.
With a flood watch on her emotions and her life in a tangle, will Cassidy find the truth? Or will her past finally drown her?

Note: Lantern Beach Mysteries is a six-book series, beginning with Hidden Currents.


My Thoughts

I am loving this latest series from Christy Barritt. I enjoyed Flood Watch just as much as book one, Hidden Currents. There was a lot of suspense and I often found myself on the edge of my seat, reading as fast as I could. It was definitely hard to put down.

I really enjoyed meeting Ty's parents. They're great people. It's no wonder how Ty ended up being the awesome guy that he is. One of my favorite characters is retired police chief Mac. He's so much fun to read about and I loved that he was featured a little more in this book.

I highly recommend this series for anyone who loves a good and suspenseful mystery! I can't wait for book three, Storm Surge!

Five Stars

Connect with author Christy Barritt by visiting her website, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment