Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: The Stone Girl's Story by Sarah Beth Durst

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring The Stone Girl's Story by Sarah Beth Durst releasing April 3, 2018.

About the Book

Exploring the power of stories and storytelling, Sarah Beth Durst presents the mesmerizing adventure of a girl made of living stone who braves unforeseen dangers and magical consequences on a crucial quest to save her family. 

Mayka and her stone family were brought to life by the stories etched into their bodies. Now time is eroding these vital marks, and Mayka must find a stonemason to recarve them. But the search is more complex than she had imagined, and Mayka uncovers a scheme endangering all stone creatures. Only someone who casts stories into stone can help—but whom can Mayka trust? Where is the stonemason who will save them?

Action and insight combine in this magical coming-of-age novel as the young heroine realizes the savior she’s been searching for is herself. 

Why I Need It
I'm a big fan of Sarah Beth Durst. ICE, her retelling of East of the Sun West of the Moon is one of my faves. So I'm always excited when she has a new release coming out.

What book are you eagerly anticipating?

12 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Beautiful cover, and sounds like a fun book. I still need to read Sarah Beth Durst, haven't tried her books yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this cover! Thanks for coming by, Greg! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds really good! I hope you get a chance to read it and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this sounds really good! I have to admit I've never read Durst, but I keep hearing great things about her books. I will have to consider adding this to my TBR, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books I've read of hers are awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Tammy! :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read anything by this author but I think I want to. This one sounds really good. I love the cover also. I hope you get a chance to read it!

    Mary my Can’t Wait Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for it! Thanks for visiting, Mary! :)

      Delete
  5. I love this cover and man, this author sure keeps busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does! I can't keep up with all her books, lol! Thanks for stopping by, Barb! :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh! This book sounds awesome! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Ronyell! Happy reading! :)

      Delete