Thursday, March 22, 2018

Review: Finding Evergreen by Jennifer Rodewald

About the Book

He thought he’d found the thrill of his life; she, the romance she’d hadn’t dared to hope for. Falling in love had been easy. Being married? Totally different story.

Married within a year of meeting, Ethan and Brandi add a foster daughter to their newly established family. Their story is enchanting—inspiring. Except when the fairytale fails. The stresses of unmet expectations and wounds from their pasts knife into their marriage, severing what they believed would be forever.

Hope for a broken marriage. Healing for their wounded spirits. It would take both to find evergreen. Are they brave enough to try?



My Thoughts

Finding Evergreen was an emotional read. It was heart-wrenching and raw and painful. But it was also breathtaking and authentic and oh so good. It was full of hardships, ups and downs, faith, redemption, and grace.

I was instantly pulled into this story and completely invested in Brandi, Ethan, and So-J's lives. These characters were hurting. There were misunderstandings and assumptions and things got misconstrued. Things got difficult, really difficult. Life's not always easy or rainbows and sunshine. Plans don't always go the way they're expected and maybe they weren't realistic in the first place. This book is real life and so very compelling. I felt like I was reading about real people and their very real struggles.

I can't recommend Finding Evergreen highly enough! Rodewald is firmly cemented on my favorite authors list. There is always something in her books that resonates so deeply with me. I leave feeling as though I've encountered something profound. I can't wait to see what she comes out with next.

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

Five Stars

Connect with author Jennifer Rodewald on her website, Facebook page, and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment