Monday, January 9, 2023

Review: On the Way to Christmas: Three Stories by Sheila Roberts, Melissa Ferguson, & Amy Clipston

About the Book
Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, anything can happen.

In this glittering and heartwarming collection, three of today’s bestselling sweet romance novelists offer up the gift of cheer for the winter holiday season.

A Christmas Do-Over by Sheila Roberts

Darby doesn’t want to go home for the holidays, but a career fail sends her slinking back to the small town she always wanted to escape. No one there is especially glad to see the former mean girl—especially not her sister, Erica, or childhood best friend, Gregory. Darby is working hard to be a better person, but has she eaten enough humble pie to make amends?

Dashing Through the Snow by Melissa Ferguson

When Willow’s boyfriend of seven years dumps her on the eve of a romantic getaway, she decides to take the two-week train trip on The Christmas Express alone. Hurt as she feels, she can’t anticipate how the hilarious rebound ride with conductor Oliver, elf Ian, and aging world adventurer Clarence will heal her heart—and renew her sense of worth.

A Perfectly Splendid Christmas by Amy Clipston

Kacey adores the metropolitan life, but when she gets away to help her sister during a family crisis and run her bakery, she falls in love with former classmate Drew. The problem: he’s a small-town man, and she’s a big-city woman. Is their love big enough to overcome such a major difference?

Curl up with your favorite holiday drink and sink into three worlds where dreams once thought long-gone are still within reach.


MY THOUGHTS

(I ran out of spots in December for reviews here on my blog, so while I read this before Christmas, I'm just now getting it up here. Sorry about that!)

This was a great collection of Christmas romances that's sure to get the reader in the holiday spirit. It was actually my first time reading anything by these authors, so I'm excited to check out more from them.

A Christmas Do-Over by Sheila Roberts - I didn't think I'd like Darby, but that wasn't the case at all. She's a reformed mean girl who's just returned home for Christmas and has to face the consequences of her former behavior. I loved watching her growth and her attempts at making amends. This was such a feel-good story. 4.5 stars

Dashing Through the Snow by Melissa Ferguson - This short story was packed full of goodness, and I loved every second of it. It's my favorite of the bunch. It's a fun, sweet, and romantic adventure. There were plenty of charming and quirky characters who I loved. Willow, Oliver, Clarence, Ian, Jenkins, Elodie... the list could keep going. 5 stars

A Perfectly Splendid Christmas by Amy Clipston - I didn't connect with this story as much as the previous two, but it was still enjoyable. I liked the fact that it was told from both Kacey's and Drew's perspectives. And I loved the town of Splendid Lake. 3 stars

FOUR STARS

4 comments:

  1. This does sound like a fun collection of Christmas romances. I'll have to remember it for next December when I'm in the mood for just these kinds of stories. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got started late on Christmas books, so I'm still reading a few (and am kinda wanting to start a few more, lol.) But this one was a great one at getting me in the holiday spirit. I hope you enjoy it if you get a chance to read it next Christmas. :D

      Delete