Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Can't Wait Wednesday: The Weight of Air by Kimberly Duffy

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring The Weight of Air by Kimberly Duffy releasing February 7.

About the Book (From Amazon)
Two women--bound by blood, torn apart by circumstance--find together that true strength comes in many forms.

In 1911, Mabel MacGinnis is Europe's strongest woman and has performed beside her father in the Manzo Brothers Circus her entire life. When he dies unexpectedly, she loses everything she's ever known and sets off in the company of acrobat Jake Cunningham in hope of finding the mother she thought was dead.

Isabella Moreau, America's most feted aerialist, has given everything to the circus. But age and injury now threaten her security, and Isabella, stalked by old fears, makes a choice that risks everything. Then her daughter Mabel appears alongside the man who never wanted to see Isabella again, and she is forced to face the truth of where, and in what, she derives her worth.

As Mabel and Isabella's lives become entangled beneath the glittering lights and flying trapeze of Madison Square Garden, their resiliency and resolve are tested as they learn the truth of what it means to be strong.


What upcoming release are you eagerly awaiting?

12 comments:

  1. I still need to try this author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this book a few weeks ago on a list of upcoming releases and thought it was interesting. I hope you get to read it soon!

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy this one when you get a chance to read it! I will be reading it in the next week or so :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you enjoy it! I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. :D

      Delete
  4. Anything circus always sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's just something about a circus setting that I find appealing. This one sounds like it will be good! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't know why, but I'm always drawn to the circus setting. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm not familiar with this author but the synopsis sounds really interesting - a circus setting is unusual.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/wednesday-memes-21

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of her books on my TBR list, but haven't gotten to them yet. They all sound great though. :)

      Delete