Thursday, January 12, 2023

Review: Aberration (Children of the Consortium #2) by Cathy McCrumb

About the Book
Freedom Awaits, but the Consortium is Watching

When rogue drones threaten citizens and the ship’s crew falls ill, the Recorder answers their call for help, once again drawing scrutiny from the Consortium.

With no other option and under an Elder’s overbearing watch, she returns to Pallas Station where she nearly lost her life in the hope of finding something—anything—to save her friends and countless others. Her friends are determined to keep her safe, but for the Recorder, saving others comes first, no matter the cost.


MY THOUGHTS

Wow! What a fantastic continuation of Recorder's story. This sequel was just as good as its predecessor. Just as captivating. Just as addicting. I'd give it more than five stars if I could.

I reread Recorder before diving into this one, which I think was a good idea. Aberration picks up right after book one left off, so it was nice to have a refresher on things. Plus, it's just a flatout great story. I can see myself reading this series over and over again.

Just as I did with Recorder, I took my time with this one. I wanted to read it as fast as I could, but I made myself slow down and savor it. I wanted to spend as long as I could with these awesome characters.

There are so many things I want to say. I've typed them out and then deleted them so many times, but I think it would all verge into spoiler territory. And part of the fun of this series has been never knowing what will happen next, and I don't want to spoil that for anyone else. I'll just end by saying this is not only one of the best books I've read this year, but one of the best I've ever read. I've become so attached to these characters and am so anxious to find out what happens next.

FIVE STARS

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read more science fiction this year, and I think I need to move both Recorder and this one higher up on my list of books to read this year. They sound like a lot of fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! I don't read as much sci-fi as I probably would like to, but these books made me want to read more. I hope you enjoy them if you do get the chance to read them. :D

      Delete