Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Can't Wait Wednesday: Fortified (The Legacy Chapters #1) by V. Romas Burton

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Fortified (The Legacy Chapters #1) by V. Romas Burton releasing February 7.

About the Book
Devora's perfect future shatters. Instead of attending Vlacklear Academy, she is sent to the Fortress-a prison holding murderers and thieves that make up the soldiers in His Majesty's Army. She fears it is the end of her.

Suppressing her forbidden Seeing abilities, Devora is thrust into the role of soldier, and must learn to defend herself while avoiding Warden Hazor and his ruthless right-hand man, Captain Blake.

When Devora's Seeing abilities are exposed, she's thrown into a tournament to win her right to live. She must turn to Captain Blake for help or be slaughtered like all the other Seers before her.


What upcoming release are you eagerly awaiting?

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun read. I'm a fantasy fan, so this book sounds right up my alley.

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is gorgeous! I hope you enjoy this one when you get a chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! Purple's my favorite color, so this cover instantly caught my eye. :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a very promising fantasy series. I will have give it a try too. I hope you enjoy Fortified when you read it, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete