Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Review: Hearts of Steel (The Blackstone Legacy Book #3) by Elizabeth Camden

About the Book
His steel empire has catapulted him to the top of the world, but loving her could cost him everything.

Maggie Molinaro survived a hardscrabble childhood in the downtrodden streets of Manhattan to become a successful businesswoman. After a decade of sacrifice, she now owns a celebrated ice cream company. But when she offends a corrupt banker, she unwittingly sets off a series of calamities that threaten to destroy her life's work.

Liam Blackstone is a charismatic steel magnate committed to overhauling factory conditions for the steelworkers of America. Standing in his way is the same villain determined to ruin Maggie. What begins as a practical alliance to defeat a common enemy soon evolves into a romance between two wounded people determined to beat the odds.

A spiraling circle of treachery grows increasingly dangerous as Liam and Maggie risk their lives and fortunes for the good of the city. It will require all their wit and ingenuity to protect everything--and everyone--they hold dear.


MY THOUGHTS

This was so good! I've been looking forward to Liam's story for a while now, and it did not disappoint.

Liam was such an admirable guy. He might not have thought he was, but he's one of the best. So dedicated, strong-willed, and fiercely passionate about righting injustices. Yes, he had a temper, but he was constantly working on being a better man, and I loved that about him. Maggie was determined, frugal, business-minded, and brave. I loved that she never backed down and held firm in her resolve despite daunting odds. I also loved that she owned an ice cream factory. That was so cool!

I always say this after I read an Elizabeth Camden book, but I love learning about the lesser-known facts of history she includes. This story featured the corruptness of the American Ice Trust and Charles Morse. I knew nothing about this beforehand and found it so fascinating. So infuriating, too. I was outraged by the corrupt and heartless things that took place.

While this is the third book in the series, it can easily be read as a standalone. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys historical romance.

I received an advanced copy of this book via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

2 comments:

  1. I love when you learn something new about our history when reading books like these, too. And Liam does sound great. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably my favorite thing about Elizabeth Camden's books. I always learn super interesting things, all while being entertained. Love it! :)

      Delete