Monday, January 14, 2019

Review: Flights of Fancy (American Heiresses #1) by Jen Turano

About the Book
Miss Isadora Delafield may be an heiress, but her life is far from carefree. When her mother begins pressuring her to marry an elderly and uncouth duke, she escapes from the high society world she's always known and finds herself to be an unlikely candidate for a housekeeper position in rural Pennsylvania.

Mr. Ian MacKenzie is known for his savvy business sense and has built his reputation and fortune completely on his own merits. But when his adopted parents are in need of a new housekeeper and Isadora is thrown into his path, he's unexpectedly charmed by her unconventional manner.

Neither Isadora nor Ian expected to find the other so intriguing, but when mysterious incidents on the farm and the truth of Isadora's secret threaten those they love, they'll have to set aside everything they thought they wanted for a chance at happy-ever-after.


My Thoughts

Flights of Fancy was such a delightful story! I was so excited to start this new series from Jen Turano. Her books never fail to leave me in a good mood and always put a smile on my face. This book was no different. I was literally laughing out loud the entire book. It was so funny and so full of heart. Plus it had a great spiritual message too.

The whole cast of characters were awesome. From the instantly likable main characters of Isadora and Ian to eccentric Uncle Amos and ornery Aunt Birdie to the four precocious orphans living at Glory Manor - Henry, Primrose, Violet, and Daisy. But my absolute favorite characters of all were the farm animals. The laundry-eating goats, the constantly-escaping chickens, and especially Buttercup the cow who's favorite place to be was inside the house and found every opportunity to let herself in. Goodness, they made me laugh so much! I'll be remembering their antics for a long time!

If you're looking for a great romantic comedy, look no further than Flights of Fancy. I highly recommend it and can't wait for the sequel!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

Four Stars

4 comments:

  1. This sounds very fun. I feel like I've been reading a lot of heavier books lately so this comes at the right time for me cos last night I was like "I need a romance or a comedy or, gasp, a romantic comedy" to balance things out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a book that'll make you laugh is exactly what you need. Thanks for coming by, Jessica! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I love a fun romance that'll make you laugh. Have you read Edenbrooke? That one always makes me laugh, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I absolutely LOVED Edenbrooke! That was a great book! Thanks for stopping by, Lark! Happy reading! :)

      Delete