Thursday, January 31, 2019

Review: Steelheart (The Reckoners #1) by Brandon Sanderson

About the Book
Ten years ago, Calamity came. It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary men and women extraordinary powers. The awed public started calling them Epics. But Epics are no friend of man. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule. And to rule man you must crush his will.

Nobody fights the Epics...nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans, they spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses, and then assassinating them.

And David wants in. He wants Steelheart — the Epic who is said to be invincible. The Epic who killed David's father. For years, like the Reckoners, David's been studying, and planning — and he has something they need. Not an object, but an experience.

He's seen Steelheart bleed. And he wants revenge.


My Thoughts

Steelheart is the first Brandon Sanderson book I've read and now, after finishing it, I'm wondering why it's taken me so long to try one of his books. Steelheart was fantastic! I had a blast reading it! It was completely engrossing and action-packed. Things did get a little slow in the middle, but it wasn't long before it really picked up again.

The Reckoners were a great group of characters. They were all fully fleshed out and felt very much like individuals. They all had strong and distinct personalities that worked so well for this story. They're a little eccentric, but easy to root for.

I'm immensely intrigued by the Epics, how they got their powers and where Calamity came from. And while this book wrapped things up pretty well, there were still plenty of loose ends and questions that need answered, so I'm definitely gonna be picking up the rest of the series.

Four Stars

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a good book! I will definitely put in on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun reading it! Thanks for coming by, Cata! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I got this audio on sale in December (or black Friday not sure) Glad to hear is fantastic! I'm sure I'll bang my head on the wall for waiting so long to read it lOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm certainly kicking myself for not reading anything by this author sooner. Thanks for visiting, Daniela! :)

      Delete
  3. I've never read a Brandon Sanderson either. Or should I say 'yet'? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet... I like that, lol! This book was a lot of fun. It was kinda like I was watching a superhero movie in head. Thanks for stopping by, Lark! :)

      Delete