Thursday, December 10, 2020

Review: Defending the Galaxy (Sentinels of the Galaxy #3) by Maria V. Snyder

About the Book
Year 2522. Oh. My. Stars.

Junior Officer Ara Lawrence here, reporting for duty. Again. It's situation critical for the security team and everyone in the base - including my parents - with a new attack from the looters imminent, a possible galaxy-wide crime conspiracy and an unstoppable alien threat. But this all pales in the face of my mind-blowing discovery about the Q-net. Of course, no one believes me. I'm not sure I believe me. It could just be a stress-induced delusion. That's what my parents seem to believe...

Their concern for me is hampering my ability to do my job. I know they love me, but with the Q-net in my corner, I'm the only one who can help the security team beat the shadowy aliens from the pits we discovered. We're holding them at bay, for now, but the entire Milky Way Galaxy is in danger of being overrun.

With battles on too many fronts, it's looking dire. But one thing I've learned is when people I love are in jeopardy, I'll never give up trying to save them. Not until my dying breath. Which could very well be today...


My Thoughts

What a spectacular conclusion to this series! It surpassed my high expectations. Seriously, I couldn't think of a more perfect ending.

Before this series, I wasn't the biggest Sci-Fi reader. It just didn't appeal to me all that much. But because Maria V. Snyder is one of my all-time favorite authors, I had to give this series a try. And I'm so glad I did because, now, I can't get enough of this genre. Don't you just love it when a book/author can spark a new love like that?

I can't say too much more without spoiling some major things, so I'll just end with a recommendation to check this series out. Start with book one and be ready for an out-of-this-world, action-packed thrill ride.

Five Stars

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so nice when a book lives up to high expectations like this one did. :)

      Delete
  2. This is one series I am definitely reading in 2021! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get to this one. I've enjoyed the first two books!

    ReplyDelete