Thursday, June 18, 2020

Review: Between Walls (The City Between #6) by W.R. Gingell

About the Book
Don’t get too close to humans.

That’s rule number one. Well, it is if you’re an emotionally constipated fae lord. As far as I’m concerned, the vampire could do a better job of keeping his distance, but he’s never been that good at following the rules.

G’day. I’m Pet. Schrödinger’s Pet, these days; depends who’s asking.

I’m human, but when you hang around with enough Behindkind, it starts getting dangerous for the other humans around you. Humans like my friend Morgana. I tried to stay away, but now she needs my help and don’t get too close to humans isn’t exactly gunna cut it anymore.

I’ve got the feeling I’m about to find out why it’s such a bad idea.


My Thoughts

This book left me speechless. I don't even know where or how to begin. There's so many things I could mention, but they'd be massive spoilers and so I won't do that. But oh my gosh, we get some answers to some long held questions. And wow, did they blow my mind or what!

There was a ton of humor, as usual. I laughed so hard, so many times, especially about the tie. Just trust me, it's absolutely hilarious. I'm laughing again now just thinking about it. It wasn't all fun and games, though. There were serious moments, twists I didn't see coming, and some shocking revelations.

Despite a slow start, Between Walls ended up being a fantastic read. If you're a fan of urban fantasy, check this series out. Start with book one and you'll be hooked!

Four Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment