Thursday, June 4, 2020

Review: Synapse by Steven James

About the Book
Thirty years in the future, when AI is so advanced that humans live side by side with cognizant robots called Artificials, Kestrel Hathaway must come to terms not just with what machines know, but with what they believe.

Soon after experiencing a personal tragedy, Kestrel witnesses a terrorist attack and is drawn into a world of conspiracies and lies that she and Jordan, her Artificial, have to untangle. With a second, more brutal attack looming on the horizon, their best chance of stopping it is teaming up with federal counterterrorism agent Nick Vernon. But the clock is ticking—and all the while, Jordan is asking questions Artificials were never meant to ask.

Deftly weaving suspense and intrigue into a rich, resonant tale that explores faith and what it really means to be human, Steven James offers us a glimpse into the future—and into our own hearts.

Synapse is an unforgettable, gripping story of dreams shattered, truth revealed, and hope reborn.


My Thoughts

Synapse was a thought-provoking, multilayered, and infinitely compelling read. Action-packed and full of shocking twists, I couldn't read it fast enough. There came a point where I couldn't stop for anything. I had to know what was going to happen next.

A lot of really intriguing and deep questions were asked. It made me stop and think about things I'd never thought of before while making me see other things in a different light. Is this a glimpse into our future? It's not that far out of the realm of possibilities.

I'll definitely be thinking about this book for a long time to come. I hope it's the beginning of a new series because even though there is a satisfying conclusion, I'd love to visit this world and these characters again.

Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. My library has this one! yay. I'll have to add it to my summer reading list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's awesome! I'm so glad your library is back open! :)

      Delete