Thursday, June 11, 2020

Book Beginnings + Friday 56:Between Walls (The City Between #6) by W.R. Gingell

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.


About the Book
Don’t get too close to humans.

That’s rule number one. Well, it is if you’re an emotionally constipated fae lord. As far as I’m concerned, the vampire could do a better job of keeping his distance, but he’s never been that good at following the rules.

G’day. I’m Pet. Schrödinger’s Pet, these days; depends who’s asking.

I’m human, but when you hang around with enough Behindkind, it starts getting dangerous for the other humans around you. Humans like my friend Morgana. I tried to stay away, but now she needs my help and don’t get too close to humans isn’t exactly gunna cut it anymore.

I’ve got the feeling I’m about to find out why it’s such a bad idea.

Book Beginning
Change is a funny thing. Sometimes it creeps up on you like someone's flamin' pong of a cologne, overtaking the room in miniscule, unseen increments until it's in your lungs and hair and clothes, tinging the air in the room with a faint blue cast.

Friday 56
Maybe the idea of meeting the murderer out on the street left me more uneasy than I thought, because when I left Morgana's room I could have sworn a dark shadow flitted up the hall from the direction of the stairs heading for the roof.

Hosted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer

How do you keep track of books you will be reviewing or reading? 

I have a notepad where I write down the books I receive for review. I make sure to include the release date and other important information. I keep it on my desk in plain sight so I'll see it everyday and won't forget about them. And then I cross them off the list once I'm finished and I've got my review up and everything. 

Goodreads also really helps me keep track of all of my books. I have pretty detailed shelves so it's easy to find books in certain genres when I'm in the mood for them.

What have you been reading lately?

20 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Between Walls or this series before. It seems like something I would want to read. So thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's one of my favorite urban fantasy series right now. Thanks for stopping by, Breana! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a new series to me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun series! Thanks for coming by, Marg! :)

      Delete
  3. The entire series looks really good! Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Friday! https://www.woodpeckerbooks.com/2020/06/12/giveaway-dwarf-story-blog-tour/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites! Thanks for visiting, Matt! :)

      Delete
  4. The opening lines made me pause to consider all the ways things can change...in a moment. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “YOU CAN’T CATCH ME”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me ponder that too. I love when a book can do that. Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a page turner!! Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Thanks for visiting, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. I use Goodread to keep track of my TBR books, what I have read, and what I am currently reading. I added a tag to my books "reviewed" so I can keep track of that, too. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodreads is so helpful! Thanks for stopping by, Anne! :)

      Delete
  7. I use Goodreads too, Ashley. Instead of a paper-based system, I put all my reads into an online calendar to help remind me when I need to read something by.
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An online calendar sounds so helpful! Thanks for coming by, Flora! :)

      Delete
  8. I like the sassy tone of those teasers. :)

    These answers to the blogger hop question are good. I am so unorganized about tracking my books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pet's such a fun and sassy narrator. She's awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Gillion! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm adding this series to my tbr.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It's so good! Thanks for visiting, Lauren! :)

      Delete
  10. I am no good with writing things down. I always forget to check my diary anyway... find it much better to have an online calender and have it send me reminders every day ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to check out an online calendar. It sounds so much more organized than what I'm doing now. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete