Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday: Set the Stars Alight by Amanda Dykes

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Set the Stars Alight by Amanda Dykes releasing June 30.

About the Book
Lucy Clairmont's family treasured the magic of the past, and her childhood fascination with stories of the high seas led her to become a marine archaeologist. But when tragedy strikes, it's Dashel, an American forensic astronomer, and his knowledge of the stars that may help her unearth the truth behind the puzzle she's discovered in her family home.

Two hundred years earlier, the seeds of love are sown between a boy and a girl who spend their days playing in a secret sea cave, while the privileged young son of the estate looks on, wishing to join. As the children grow and war leads to unthinkable heartbreak, a story of love, betrayal, sacrifice, and redemption unfolds, held secret by the passage of time.

As Lucy and Dash journey to a mysterious old estate on the East Sussex coast, their search leads them to a community of souls and a long-hidden tale that may hold the answers--and the healing--they so desperately seek.

Why I Need It
I was a huge fan of this author's first novel, Whose Waves These Are, and have been so impatient for her next one. These characters sound really interesting. I've never read about a forensic astronomer before, so that'll be fascinating to learn about. Plus, it's a dual timeline and I always love those.

What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

10 comments:

  1. The summary sounds as if it will be a heartbreaking and very touching story. My wishlist just grew *sigh* Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of this one and really hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! That cover is beautiful! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've come across a forensive astronomer either. This sounds fascinating! I hope you enjoy it when you read it. I'm adding it to my wish list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Hope we both get to read and enjoy it soon! :)

      Delete