Monday, July 22, 2019

Review: California (Daughter of Babylon #1) by Jamie Lee Grey

About the Book
Flames will destroy. Planes will fall from the sky. Bombs will detonate. And that’s just the first day.

Katie and Zach Nelson are looking forward to celebrating their anniversary with a relaxing camping trip on the California coast. But terrorists have other plans for the weekend. Like torching the place.

When Katie and Zach scramble to evacuate, they’re snared in all kinds of trouble. Soon, they’re running for their lives.

Meanwhile, Basilia Hernandez and Alana Mills, the new president and vice president of the United States, face one shocking turn of events after another. Do they have what it takes to protect and defend the country during the apocalypse? Or will they actually make it worse?

CALIFORNIA is the first book in the thrilling post-apocalyptic series Daughter of Babylon. Begin the adventure today!

Like all novels by Jamie Lee Grey, the Daughter of Babylon series is a faith-based, clean read.  


My Thoughts

Hundreds of intentionally set wildfires are raging all across the state of California threatening communities and millions of people in this terrifyingly realistic apocalyptic thriller.

Katie and Zach are a normal couple on a camping trip with their young son and dog when the fires start. Sensing the impending danger, they evacuate. What follows is a mad dash race against time. It's pure chaos and I couldn't read it fast enough.

There were times when I forgot that I was reading a book. It all felt very real, like I was actually living through everything that was going on. It really made me stop and wonder what my response would be in a situation like this. I'd recommend this book to fans of Christian apocalyptic fiction. Now, I'm off to start the next book.

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. Love that cover. And the premise. This is a series I'm definitely interested in reading. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely an exciting read! It made me want to read more books like this. :)

      Delete