Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Mini Review: Up from the Sea (Whose Waves These Are 0.5) by Amanda Dykes

About the Book
Deep in a New England forest, an ancient tree stands at the center of a tale passed down through the generations. So much so, that the residents of Ansel-by-the-Sea, Maine, no longer know what is truth and what is fable. A woman fleeing in the night, rumors of treason, revolution, retribution . . .

When Savannah Mae Thorpe, born and raised near the golden sands of the South, arrives with a version of the story unlike any heard before, she finds herself the unlikely leader of an expedition into the woods to discover the truth. With help from local lumberjack Alastair Bliss, who holds a shadowed past of his own, her search to discover the truth of the Atonement Tree may have unexpected ramifications on her life--and the lives of those around her.

A tale of origins, this novella is a story complete on its own but also an invitation to discover the legacy that came before the story of Robert Bliss, the fisherman-poet who changed the tide of a nation with his unsuspecting words in Amanda's full-length novel, Whose Waves These Are.

Available as a free e-novella

My Thoughts

I've been hearing how amazing Whose Waves These Are is, so I thought I'd give the free prequel novella a try. Wow, what a breathtakingly beautiful story! You can be sure that the full length book has moved up on my wishlist! I was swept away to the past and didn't want to leave. The vivid descriptions and lyrical prose brought this story to life. I can't recommend it highly enough!

Favorite Quote
Lord, you created the dark just as you created the light. Help me find life there, and not fear.

Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check this author out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This story was fantastic! I think you'd enjoy it. :)

      Delete