Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Release Day Review: The String (Deadly Games #1) by Caleb Breakey

About the Book
Welcome to the string, a game of impossible decisions and deadly consequences. Let's go over the ground rules.

Rule #1: Participation is mandatory.
Rule #2: If anyone refuses to play, all threats will come to pass.
Game on.

Get ready for a deadly social experiment as a sociopath known as The Conductor delivers disturbing threats and twisted moral dilemmas to unsuspecting students and staff.

As a powerful instinct for self-preservation sweeps through the campus, one man has a grave decision to make. Will university cop Markus Haas play the game to protect those he loves? Or will he break the string and incite massive chaos--and even death?

In the great suspense tradition of Ted Dekker and Steven James, Caleb Breakey's explosive debut novel will have you turning pages into the night.


My Thoughts

Chilling and utterly compelling.

The Conductor was a truly disturbed individual, a madman who blackmails others into doing reprehensible things in a sick game he calls “the string”. It took me a few chapters to really get into, but it wasn't long before I was sailing through the pages, completely sucked in, and not wanting to put it down.

My heart was constantly racing and my anxiety was high. Time moved by without me noticing and there came a point where I couldn't stop for anything. I simply had to ignore “real life” things in order to finish this pulse-pounding read.

The String was an unpredictable and masterful thriller from author Caleb Breakey. It'll make the reader ponder what they'd do if they were put into a situation like this. I highly recommend it and can't wait to see what comes next! 

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. What a dark and compelling premise! This one sounds deliciously creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! The Conductor is the definition of creepy.

      Delete