Monday, July 1, 2019

Review: Between Frames (The City Between #4) by W.R. Gingell

About the Book
Two fae is company, but a company of fae is trouble.

Which is exactly what we’ve got. Trouble, I mean. Well, and fae. Lots of fae.

Something or someone is stalking and killing high-level fae around Hobart—tearing out hearts and leaving a trail of bloody bodies behind. Fae don’t like it when they’re the ones getting killed, so of course they came to hire my owners.

Owners, you ask?

Hi. I’m Pet. No, that’s not my name. I am a pet.

My owners? They’re fae. Well, two fae and one stroppy vampire.

Welcome to the world Between.


My Thoughts

Between Frames was another awesome addition to this series! It's book four in the City Between series and while there's some recaps, I'd still definitely recommend starting with book one.

Pet is back along with her three psychos and this time they're investigating a recent string of fae murders. There's so much going on in this book. There's some enlightening reveals. Lots of interesting information is brought up. And then, the ending! Argh! Why? I need the next book now!

At the beginning of this series, JinYeong was my least favorite character. But with each progressive book, I've liked him more and more. To the point that with this book, he's become my absolute favorite. His snark is hilarious. The way him and Pet bicker back and forth, their teasing, the way they push each other's buttons, is so amusing. I can't get enough of him now.

This is quickly becoming my favorite series and this installment further cemented that fact. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys urban fantasy.

Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment