Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: Fledgling (Sorcery and Society #2) by Molly Harper

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Fledgling (Sorcery and Society #2) by Molly Harper releasing July 23.

About the Book
Days away from completing her first year at Miss Castwell’s Institute for the Magical Instruction of Young Ladies, Changeling-born Sarah Smith might just get away with posing as an upper-class Guardian girl named Cassandra Reed.

But strange visions of a Lightbourne destroyed by Miss Morton’s revenant army keep Sarah from enjoying her achievement. Plus, the Mother Book, Sarah’s one secret advantage and the ultimate entrée in Guardian society, suddenly stops revealing itself to her…putting her in a precarious position with the Guild. On top of all that, her former lady’s maid left Miss Castwell’s, and the new hire is, well, taking some getting used to.

If it weren’t for her two best friends, Alicia McCray and Ivy Cowel, who will do anything to protect her secret, Sarah doesn’t know if she’ll make it another year. When the three girls take summer holiday with Alicia’s family (chaperoned by an exacting and very disapproving Mrs. McCray), a relaxing vacation in Scotland is the last thing they’ll find.

Mrs. Winter is thrilled that Sarah is spending time with the influential McCray family, but Sarah can’t help but feel that her real purpose is to find other Changeling children like her, and free them to realize their own magic. Can she find genuine satisfaction in her accomplishments when she knows there are others like her out there who need her help? Will the three girls uncover the deeply-held secrets they’re looking for in the mysterious mountains of Scotland? Will the Mother Book finally start talking to her again? And will Sarah come to understand the importance of her connection with Ivy and Alicia, and the true nature of her own power…before it’s too late?

Why I Need It
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so when I saw this one go up on Amazon for preorder I got super excited. I can't wait to see what craziness befalls these characters this time!

What upcoming release are you excited about?

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it too! Thanks for stopping by, Ronyell! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree it sounds like a great series. I'm going to look out for the first one now. :)

    Here's my Wednesday post. Happy Hump Day! Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd love it. The first one was so much fun! Thanks for coming by, Sassy! :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such an interesting series. I haven't read a good YA book in a while and I miss it so much so I need to check this one out! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read as much YA as I would like lately, so I'm ready to dive into this one! Thanks for the visit, Yomna! :)

      Delete
  4. Another one that sounds like a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was such great fun, so I'm hoping this one is too! Thanks for visiting, Lark! :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds interesting and I've never read Molly Harper before. I'll keep an eye out for it. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books always have so much humor in them. I'm constantly laughing. Thanks for coming by, Nicci! :)

      Delete
  6. I saw this one on Netgalley last week. Sounds like a really good series. Man, there are too many books I want to get to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! There's so many books and never enough time to read them all! Thanks for stopping by, Barb! :)

      Delete
  7. I somehow have not heard of this series, but it definitely sounds like one I'd love. On my tbr it goes. :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was great! Thanks for the visit, Tressa! :)

      Delete