Monday, September 26, 2022

Review: My Dear Miss Dupré (American Royalty #1) by Grace Hitchcock

About the Book
Willow Dupré never thought she would have to marry, but with her father's unexpected retirement from running the prosperous Dupré sugar refinery, plans changed. The shareholders are unwilling to allow a female to take over the company without a man at her side, so her parents devise a plan--find Willow a spokesman king in order for her to become queen of the empire.

Willow is presented with thirty potential suitors from the families of New York society's elite group called the Four Hundred. She has six months to court the group and is expected to eliminate men each month to narrow her beaus until she chooses one to marry, ending the competition with a wedding. Willow reluctantly agrees, knowing she must do what is best for the business. She doesn't expect to find anything other than a proxy . . . until she meets Cullen Dempsey, and she must discover for herself if his motives are pure.


MY THOUGHTS

This was so much fun! I've never been a fan of the TV shows the Bachelor and Bachelorette, but I really enjoyed this Gilded Age twist to the shows. I was hooked right from the start and couldn't get enough of it.

Willow has a tough decision to make. Some of New York's finest and most eligible men are vying for her hand in marriage. She has six months to make a decision. Who will she pick? I definitely had my favorite chosen pretty early on, but there were a couple of other guys who I really liked, too. I was on the edge of my seat wondering who she'd pick in the end.

This was a great historical romance that I'd definitely recommend. I'm so excited it's the first book in a series. I can't wait to pick up a copy of the sequel! 

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. This is one I want to read, too. The whole premise is so fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy it. It's such a great premise. :)

      Delete