Thursday, September 29, 2022

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: The Aberration of Eden Pruitt (The Eden Pruitt #2) by K.E. Ganshert

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday.

This week I'm featuring The Aberration of Eden Pruitt (The Eden Pruitt #2) by K.E. Ganshert


About the Book
Eden Pruitt’s parents are alive. They are safe. But not Eden. She won’t be until they hunt down the high-stakes gambler known as Mordecai. Eager for redemption, Cassian Gray won’t rest until they succeed.

Together, they follow a trail of clues that thrusts them into a dark, dangerous, twisted reality. At its center stands an enemy far more powerful than they ever imagined.

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
Eighteen-year-old Eden Pruitt walked toward a set of stairs that weren't hers, away from a father that wasn't hers either. At least not in the way she'd always thought.

Friday 56
Jack had taken over Dr. Norton's living space, spreading the contents from their files across the floor along with all the images that had been taken over the years.

What have you been reading lately?

26 comments:

  1. Ooh that opening really drops you right in there! I don't know the first book, so I'm not entirely sure what's happening, but I do like the sound of it. I hope you enjoy it and that you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juli! Hope you have a lovely one too! :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen someone else mention this. It sounds fascinating!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, Lisa! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/30/friday-56-the-agathas-by-kathleen-glasgow-and-liz-lawson/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a compelling opening. What does it mean that her father isn't hers? Hmm?

    The Cartographers is this week's featured book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really interesting situation Eden has found herself in. I don't want to say too much, but it's a great series so far. Happy weekend, Anne! :)

      Delete
  5. Intriguing yet ominous! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! Hope you have a great one too! :)

      Delete
  7. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading A King for Christmas by Brooke St. James.
    "I looked at my brother, putting the receiver in my lap, and muffling it in my shirt so that James couldn't hear me."
    I hope you have a great weekend! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your current read, Nicole! Happy weekend!

      Delete
  8. Happy Friday!

    My first line is coming from Honor Bound by Hallee Bridgeman.
    Captain Rick Norton crouched near the edge of the dirt road. Ears still ringing from the intense firefight, the smell of gunpowder burning his nose, he looked around, counting team members."

    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2022/09/first-line-friday-honor-bound.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read this one! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  9. My first line today is from Millstone of Doubt by Erica Vetsch:
    Thorndike House- London- March 1, 1816
    The problem with concealing a weapon beneath a day dress at a social gathering became all too apparent to Lady Juliette Thorndike the moment she sat beside the Dowager Duchess of Haverly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I want to know more! Sounds really good! Thanks for sharing, Paula! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  10. I have not read this one, but have enjoyed other books by her! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! Hope you have a great one too! :)

      Delete
  11. Ooh...what a great beginning! Hope you have an equally great weekend, Ashley. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lark! Hope you have a great one too! :D

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a spooky read! I'm currently re-reading The Nature of a Lady by Roseanna M White and the first line is: "He was a prince at sea." Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! I really need to read this one. I love Roseanna White's books. Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  13. What an opening! This sounds so intriguing! This week I shared the first line from Honor Bound big Hallee Bridgeman. http://gracetogrowblog.com/honor-bound-hallee-bridgeman/

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read that one! Hope you have a great week too! :)

      Delete