Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Review: To Win a Prince by Toni Shiloh

About the Book
Can she stop herself from falling before she's too far gone?

As a fashion aficionado and best friend of the queen of the African island country Ọlọrọ Ilé, Iris Blakely dreams of using her talent to start a sustainable clothing line to help citizens in impoverished areas and honor the country's resources. But when she discovers that Ekon Diallo--the man who betrayed her best friend--will be her business consultant, the battle between her desires and reality begins.

Ekon Diallo has lost everything: his princely title, his material possessions, his friends, and the respect of his fellow Ọlọrans. To pay for his actions against Ọlọrọ Ilé, he's forced to assist the charismatic Iris Blakely--but he can't allow his heart to distract him from regaining his status.

Though they come from vastly different worlds, Iris and Ekon are both determined to reach their goals, and the only way to do that is to work together--if they can just keep their hearts from getting in the way . . .


MY THOUGHTS

This was another beautiful, faith-filled story from Toni Shiloh.

I really liked Iris in the previous book, and was so happy that she got her own story. She really shines here. Her compassion and empathy are on full display. I loved how she saw the best in people, even when they couldn't see it themselves. She was such an encouraging friend.

Now, Ekon, on the other hand? I didn't think there was any way I'd like him. His actions from the previous book and his snobby attitude at the beginning of this one had me cringing. But WOW! What a redemption story! I don't want to say too much, but I was in awe by the end of the story.

I enjoyed this followup story just as much as its predecessor, In Search of a Prince, which was a tall order considering how much I adored that one. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys inspiring romances.

I received an advanced copy of this book via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment