Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Review: Blood Secrets (Skyworld #2) by Morgan L. Busse

About the Book
Not everyone wants to see the world saved . . .

Time is running out. Cities are being engulfed in the Mist and humanity is on the brink of extinction. Theo believes he has found a way to stop mankind from Turning, but he doesn’t know how to alter Cass’s unique blood into a cure. Or if it can even be done.

Meanwhile, Cass struggles with the idea that she is possibly the savior of the world—a world she is not sure is worth saving.

From the Winchester manse to the steel city of Decadenn, there is something more chasing Cass than the House of Lords or the masked man who can walk in the Mist. Soon she must decide if she will use her blood to save mankind or let those who only care about themselves perish.


MY THOUGHTS

What a great conclusion to the Skyworld duology! It picks up right where the first one left off, so I'd definitely recommend picking up Secrets in the Mist before diving into this one.

I loved the first book, so I was very eager for this sequel. And I've gotta say, it did not disappoint. I wanted to take my time and spend as long as I could with these characters in this fascinating world. I tried to read it slowly, but as you can probably imagine, that didn't happen. I couldn't help but speed through it. It was fast paced and incredibly hard to put down.

This was a very satisfying conclusion, though I kinda wish it had been a little longer. Things wrapped up pretty quick in the end, but, all in all, it was an incredibly entertaining read. It's a definite must read for steampunk fans, but I think it'd be a good introduction for those not familiar with the genre too.

I received an advanced copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FOUR STARS

4 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Secrets in the Mist last week! It was so much fun. I'm glad to know this sequel is also entertaining and more importantly, satisfying. Can't wait to check it out. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that you enjoyed the first one! It's a really fun series. :D

      Delete
  2. Great review! I have not read this author but my son has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! She's one of my go-to Christian Fantasy authors. :D

      Delete