Thursday, August 25, 2022

Review: Out of the Night (The Epic Story of RJ and York #1) by Susan May Warren

About the Book
He’s not looking for trouble…

All former spy and current national security agent York Newgate wants is to propose to the woman he loves, RJ Marshall. Then they can move to Shelly, Washington, and start the calm, safe life he’s been dreaming of for over a year.

Too bad trouble doesn’t agree…

Or maybe RJ simply attracts trouble because she’s just going out for coffee when she spots a wanted, known terrorist standing in the middle of a street in Paris. At least she thinks it’s international criminal Alan Martin, the mastermind behind a plot to kill the president.

But he’s in jail, right?

Wrong. Martin has escaped, and it’s up to RJ—and York—to keep him in their sights until he can be apprehended. But chasing down Martin means following him into the darkness of whatever plot he’s cooked up now.

Will he ever outrun trouble to find his happy ending?

So much for York’s epic proposal. Now, he just wants to escape Europe with their lives.

The romantic trilogy ignites in book one of the Epic Story of RJ and York!


MY THOUGHTS

I was so excited to hang out with RJ and York again. And what a thrilling, heartstopping ride this first installment of their story was! My goodness, there were so many times where I could hardly catch my breath.

I didn't think it was possible to like York more than I already did, but it happened. He's such a likable, fierce, loyal, and good guy. To say he's been through a lot would be a vast understatement, but he's such a fighter. I only wanted the absolute best for him. I'm not gonna lie, RJ got on my very last nerve. She was so stubborn, reckless, and rushed into danger without even a thought. By the end of the story, I'd kinda lost all patience for her antics. I just wanted to shake some sense into her.

I'm thrilled that this series is releasing so quickly. It'd be awful to have to wait any longer to find out what happens to these characters next. It's nonstop action and constant danger and I'm really enjoying it so far! I'd definitely recommend reading the Montana Marshalls series before diving into this one. It might technically could be read as a standalone. There's a really good recap of what happened previously, but I think you'd still miss out on a lot if you just start here.

FOUR STARS

4 comments:

  1. I'm working on reading the Montana Marshalls series...I just need more hours in the day to read all the books I want to read. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, lol! I hope you're enjoying them! :)

      Delete