Monday, August 22, 2022

Review: Smoky Mountain Comfort (Smoky Mountain Romance #1) by Andrea Byrd


About the Book
Emotionally abused by her father and damaged by her past, Abigail doesn't trust anyone... even herself. Instead, she lives for her quiet, little bookstore that has become her comfort zone. But when books begin to mysteriously disappear and reappear from the shelves and her father announces an impending visit, Abigail feels helplessly alone in her turmoil. Can she find it in her heart to trust one of her most loyal customers-the unnervingly attractive police officer, Jake Callahan-to assist? Will God use her circumstances to teach her how to fully trust in Him and His plan once more?

Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting.

MY THOUGHTS

This was a really sweet read. I was actually reading something else when I picked this one up on Amazon. I thought I'd just read a couple of pages and then set it aside for a while, but there was just something so endearing about this story that I couldn't help but continue it.

I really felt for Abigail. She had such a kind soul, but had to deal with some pretty harsh and unwarranted criticism. I wanted the best for her. I liked Jake a lot. He was the quintessential good guy, and I was rooting so hard for him and Abigail to end up together.

I liked the fact that there was a little mystery too. It added a nice bit of tension to an already great story. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quick and sweet romance. I'm definitely looking forward to continuing this series.

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one! (Probably because she works in/owns a bookstore.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favorite settings in a book. :D

      Delete