Monday, August 16, 2021

Review: The Witching Hours: The Vampire Knife by Jack Henseleit

About the Book
The first book in a spooky new series for only the bravest of readers--perfect for fans of The Spiderwick Chronicles. Now in paperback!

Siblings Anna and Max love scary stories, but when they find an enchanted knife on a dark and stormy night in Transylvania, truth becomes stranger than fiction. Suddenly, they find themselves dragged into a world of monsters and magic...a world where it soon becomes all too clear that vampires are not just a fairy tale.

And when Max mysteriously vanishes, it's up to Anna to find him. But can the siblings find a way to survive their own scary story?

This deliciously creepy book is a modern Brothers Grimm tale, full of adventure and fun frights that will have readers jumping in their seats and ripping through the pages to find out what happens next.


MY THOUGHTS

This was a super fun and quick read. I kinda forgot that I had a copy of this book, so when I stumbled upon it again, I had to read it. And I'm glad I did. After reading two serious and emotional books, this was the perfect read to follow them up with. It made me laugh and kept a smile on my face. It also had just a hint of spookiness, which I really enjoyed. And it held my full attention from beginning to end.

Anna and Max had a really sweet sibling relationship. It was nice to read about a brother and sister who got along and supported each other, instead of fighting the whole time, which seems to be the common thing in books like this. I appreciated that.

This would be a perfect read for Halloween. And I'm sure readers of all ages will enjoy it. I'll definitely be on the lookout for the rest of the series.

FOUR STARS

4 comments:

  1. I love a good Halloween book! It is also nice to have a fun "palate cleanser" after reading books that are intense and unsettling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I love a good intense and emotional read, but there's only so many I can read in a row. A "palate cleanser" is a must sometimes. :)

      Delete