Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday: When Sorrows Come (October Daye #15) by Seanan McGuire

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring When Sorrows Come (October Daye #15) by Seanan McGuire releasing September 14. I preordered this one as soon as I could. This is my favorite urban fantasy series right now and I'm so eager to see where things go in this installment. (And, FINALLY, the wedding!) Not gonna lie, though. The title has me a little worried. It sounds so ominous!

About the Book
Toby's getting married! Now in hardcover, the fifteenth novel of the Hugo-nominated, New York Times-bestselling October Daye urban fantasy series.

It's hard to be a hero. There's always something needing October "Toby" Daye's attention, and her own desires tend to fall by the wayside in favor of solving the Kingdom's problems. That includes the desire to marry her long-time suitor and current fiancé, Tybalt, San Francisco's King of Cats. She doesn't mean to keep delaying the wedding, it just sort of...happens. And that's why her closest friends have taken the choice out of her hands, ambushing her with a court wedding at the High Court in Toronto. Once the High King gets involved, there's not much even Toby can do to delay things...

...except for getting involved in stopping a plot to overthrow the High Throne itself, destabilizing the Westlands entirely, and keeping her from getting married through nothing more than the sheer volume of chaos it would cause. Can Toby save the Westlands and make it to her own wedding on time? Or is she going to have to choose one over the other?

Includes an all-new bonus novella!


What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

12 comments:

  1. I collected the first few of this series years ago, still have yet to read them! Really need to get around to them some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great series. I think you'll love it. :)

      Delete
  2. I Like the cover https://moretoodiscover.blogspot.com/2021/08/cant-wait-wednesday-all-thats-fair.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. It's got some serious Fall-vibes going on there. :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I can't believe there's already fifteen. Time sure does fly! :)

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoy it when it comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...she's up to 15 books in this series! That's impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's hard to believe there's that many, and that it's still so good! :)

      Delete
  6. This is an author I've got to read. I think Tor.com did some free ebooks of her last year, I just have to find time to read the one I got! Great pick!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciated Tor.com giving away those free ebooks last year. I was able to get one that I hadn't gotten yet. I hope you love it if you get the chance to read it. :)

      Delete