Thursday, August 12, 2021

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Breach of Honor by Janice Cantore

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Breach of Honor by Janice Cantore.

About the Book
As a police officer in Table Rock, Oregon, Leah Radcliff puts her life on the line to help others every day. But at home, Leah’s battling her own personal nightmare: Brad, her abusive husband, a fellow officer, celebrated hero, and beloved son of a powerful prominent family. Brad’s violent outbursts and suspicious activities have left Leah physically and emotionally scarred, until one desperate action to put a stop to his abuse results in deadly consequences.

Though public opinion seems ready to convict Leah, Officer Clint Tanner is one of the few to believe she acted in self-defense. As he works with Leah’s attorney to produce the evidence they need, new truths about Brad’s dark side come to light—and reveal a deep-rooted problem in Table Rock. There are some who have breached their sworn duty to serve and protect . . . and they’ll do anything to keep their secret safe.

Book Beginnings
"Adam-5, do you copy?"

Friday 56
"You're going to wear out a path," Gretchen chided Leah as she paced the conference room.

What have you been reading lately?

23 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great read! Honestly, Leah is in an impossible position there, so no wonder she's frantically pacing! I'm definitely going to look this up, thank you for featuring it! I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I felt so bad for everything Leah had to face. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a lovely weekend too! :)

      Delete
  2. I love a good thriller!

    Here is my link:
    https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2021/08/book-beginnings-for-wolf-hannah-whitten.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for coming by! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. I love a story with detectives, especially when we get a peek into their domestic issues. Here's mine: “CUL-DE-SAC”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! It's always so interesting! Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  4. Intriguing snippets! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Adam 5 you copy - made me think of Adam 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. This looks like an interesting book. I am currently reading "Husband Auditions" by Angela Ruth Strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so curious about "Husband Auditions". It sounds really good. Hope you're enjoying it! Thanks for coming by! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. Table Rock Oregon? Where is that? I've never heard of it before. Going to a map to look it up... My Friday quotes are from PROJECT HAIL MARY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I loved Project Hail Mary! So good! Thanks for visiting! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. I found it. It is near Medford! Learned something new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Happy weekend to you too! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  10. I would have been really excited if it opened with Adam-10 instead! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks for visiting! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  11. Have you read this author before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read one other book by her, Drawing Fire, years ago. I really liked it and always intended to read more from her, but never got around to it. Have you read anything by her?

      Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
    2. I haven't, but I'm intrigued by this one. I'll have to see if my library has any of her books.

      Delete
    3. I hope your library has some of her books. :)

      Delete