Monday, April 20, 2020

Review: Rising Tide (Lantern Beach Blackout #4) by Christy Barritt


About the Book
A FORMER SEAL UNDER SCRUTINY
Benjamin James knows there’s a traitor within his former command. The rest of his team might even think it’s him. As danger closes in, he must clear himself and stop a deadly plot by a dangerous terrorist group.

A WOMAN CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE
All CJ Compton wanted was a new start after her career ended under suspicion. Working as the house manager for private security group Blackout seems perfect. But there’s more trouble here than what she left behind.

A BATTLE TO THE END
As the tide rushes in, the stakes continue to rise. If the Blackout team fails, it’s not just Lantern Beach at stake—it’s the whole country. Can Benjamin and CJ overcome their differences and work together to find the truth?


My Thoughts

What a fantastic conclusion to this thrilling series! Loose ends are tied up, lingering questions are answered, and a jaw-dropping surprise make this an absolute must read. There's so much danger swirling around the island and lots of threats on multiple fronts. Suspicions and accusations fly, making for some tense moments between the team. I wondered how on earth everything would work out in the end. I won't say much else because I don't want to spoil any of the twists. I'll just end by saying that if you're a fan of romantic suspense, this series is a must read. I loved every second of it.

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. I have this series on my TBR list. I'm glad that it ended so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm always so happy when that happens! :)

      Delete