Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday: Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner releasing May 5.

About the Book
Celebrity chef Maxwell Cavanaugh is known for many things: his multiple Michelin stars, his top-rated Culinary Channel show To the Max, and most of all his horrible temper. Hadley Beckett, host of the Culinary Channel's other top-rated show, At Home with Hadley, is beloved for her Southern charm and for making her viewers feel like family.

When Max experiences a very public temper tantrum, he's sent packing to get his life in order. When he returns, career in shambles, his only chance to get back on TV and in the public's good graces is to work alongside Hadley.

As these polar-opposite celeb chefs begin to peel away the layers of public persona and reputation, they will not only discover the key ingredients for getting along, but also learn the secret recipe for unexpected forgiveness . . . and maybe even love. In the meantime, hide the knives.

Fan-favorite Bethany Turner serves up a heaping helping of humor and romance with this thoroughly modern story centered on cooking, enemies, and second chances.
 

Why I Need It
I'm ready for some laughs and this book is sure to deliver them. Bethany Turner's other books have been some of my favorite rom-coms. The cooking show element in this one should be a fun twist. I'm so ready to dive into it.

What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

14 comments:

  1. This sounds like the ideal escapist read, Ashley! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really fun book! Great pick this week!

    Crystal Book Snob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! This sounds really interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already don't like Max very much after reading that description and can only hope he changes his tune quickly. I imagine he will, given the type of book this is. It'd be fun to see it happen! I think I'd like this one too! I hope you love this one, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good and I really am drawn to the cover for some reason. Nice choice for today's feature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read Bethany's first novel, but I LOVED it, so I'm eager to read more by her - including this novel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her second one was just as good as the first. Fingers crossed this one is too. :)

      Delete