Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday: Fractured Tide by Leslie Lutz

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Fractured Tide by Leslie Lutz releasing May 5.

About the Book
Lost meets Stranger Things in this eerie, immersive YA thriller, thrusting seventeen-year-old Sia into a reality where the waters in front of her and the jungle behind her are as dangerous as the survivors alongside her.

Sia practically grew up in the water scuba diving, and wreck dives are run of the mill. Take the tourists out. Explore the reef. Uncover the secrets locked in the sunken craft. But this time … the dive goes terribly wrong.

Attacked by a mysterious creature, Sia’s boat is sunk, her customers are killed, and she washes up on a deserted island with no sign of rescue in sight. Waiting in the water is a seemingly unstoppable monster that is still hungry. In the jungle just off the beach are dangers best left untested. When Sia reunites with a handful of survivors, she sees it as the first sign of light.

Sia is wrong.

Between the gulf of deadly seawater in front of her and suffocating depth of the jungle behind her, even the island isn’t what it seems.

Haunted by her own mistakes and an inescapable dread, Sia’s best hope for finding answers may rest in the center of the island, at the bottom of a flooded sinkhole that only she has the skills to navigate. But even if the creature lurking in the depths doesn’t swallow her and the other survivors, the secrets of their fractured reality on the island might.

Why I Need It
Lost meets Stranger Things? I'm sold! Those are two of my favorite shows, so you know I've gotta check this book out. It sounds super intriguing and I can't wait to figure out what's going on.

What upcoming release are you eagerly awaiting?

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, so much going on in this one! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me Lost and Stranger Things! Sounds amazing!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no way I could pass this book by after seeing it compared to those two shows. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh...a deserted island, mysterious creatures, survival...I'm in! This is totally the kind of book I love to read. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's as good as it sounds because I'm expecting it to be amazing. :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like it will be an impossible book to put down once you start reading. I am glad I am not Sia, but I definitely want to know more. This is new me so thank you for bringing it to my attention. Stay safe and well, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely wouldn't want to be her either. That'd be such a terrifying situation to be in. Hope you stay safe and well, too! :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds so good and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. My anxiety goes up just looking at it. :)

      Delete