Thursday, April 30, 2020

Review: For Whom the Sun Sings by W.A. Fulkerson

About the Book
The world is blind...then one boy is born with sight.

Nestled in a mountain haven, the remaining people of the world live in a village that is ordinary but strict. A severe peace must be kept severely, as they say. It's all that keeps them from descending into the chaos that claimed the world a hundred years ago.

Led by the Prophet Valdas and his Regents, the villagers work, play, marry, and have families. They gather in ceremony once a year to celebrate their Day of Remembrance. Life is planned, precise, and predictable until the special abilities of eleven-year-old Andrius threaten to undermine it all.


My Thoughts

For Whom the Sun Sings is a beautiful, heartbreaking, thought-provoking, wondrous read. This author has found a permanent place on my favorites list. I'm definitely looking forward to more from him. I loved his writing style. It was so fluid and descriptive. I could picture everything perfectly. The world-building was spectacular. I loved how everything was slowly revealed. It felt very natural and led me to reading as fast as possible so I could figure out what was really going on.

This is one of those stories where I can't say a whole lot because it'd spoil so much. Part of the beauty of it lies in discovering everything for yourself and I don't want to steal that joy from anyone. Just trust me when I say this is a must read. It'll stay with me for a long time to come. I can't stop thinking about that ending and I know I'll want to read this book over and over again. I seriously can't recommend it highly enough. It's a book of the year contender, for sure.

Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. Wow...a contender for book of the year. That's saying something. I'll definitely put this one on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the best books I've ever read. :D

      Delete