Thursday, April 25, 2019

Review: First Degree Murder (Lantern Beach P.D. #3) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
Threatening messages from an unknown source. Shallow graves with unidentified bodies. A friend facing impending peril.

Police Chief Cassidy Chambers longs for a break from the recent crimes plaguing Lantern Beach. She simply wants to enjoy her friends’ upcoming wedding, to prepare for the busy tourist season about to slam the island, and to gather all the dirt she can on the suspicious community that’s invaded the town.

But trouble explodes on the island, sending residents—including Cassidy—into a squall of uneasiness. Cassidy may have more than one enemy plotting her demise, and the collateral damage seems unthinkable.

As the temperature rises, so does the pressure to find answers. Someone is determined that Lantern Beach would be better off without their new police chief. And for Cassidy, one wrong move could mean certain death.

Available in Kindle Unlimited

My Thoughts

This series just keeps getting better and better. First Degree Murder is the third installment in the exciting Lantern Beach P.D. series and it's my favorite one yet!

So much is going on around town. So much is going wrong. Crime seems to be at an all time high. Three skeletons are found on the beach. Chief Cassidy Chambers is getting threatening text messages. The situation with Gilead's Cove and their leader Anthony Gilead is ramping up. The list could go on and on. One thing's for sure, life is never dull on Lantern Beach.

This book moved at an ever-increasing speed. I was clicking through the pages as fast as possible. I couldn't reach the thrilling conclusion quick enough. It was another excellent mystery from Christy Barritt. I can't wait for the next one!

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. I've only read The Baby Assignment by Barritt, but I did think that one was a lot of fun. She's on my list as an author I want to read more of this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy her other books. I can't believe I still haven't read The Baby Assignment. It's sitting in my Kindle just waiting for me. I really need to make some time for it.

      Delete