Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: Midnight on the River Grey by Abigail Wilson

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Midnight on the River Grey by Abigail Wilson releasing July 2.

About the Book
Abigail Wilson returns to Regency England with another tale of murder, mystery, and romance.

After her elder brother’s mysterious death, Rebecca Hunter vows to expose the man she believes responsible—Mr. Lewis Browning—known by the locals as the Midnight Devil and by Rebecca as her new guardian. He alone was on the bridge that fateful night and openly admits striking her brother with his horse, but he claims he remembers little else.

Summoned to his reclusive country estate to await her London season, Rebecca plans her own secret investigation. Yet, Lewis Browning is not as she once imagined, and his motivation is horribly unclear. Recurrent nightmares and Rebecca’s restless feelings are further complicated by the shadow of her mother’s prior descent into madness and whether she too will follow the same heartbreaking path.

Even as midnight rides, strange injuries, and further murders lead back to Lewis, Rebecca can’t ignore the subtle turn of her heart. Has she developed feelings for the man she swore to see hanged? And moreover, can she trust him with her uncertain future?

Why I Need It
I love reading mysteries set during the Regency era and this one sounds like a great one.

What upcoming release are you excited about?

10 comments:

  1. I like mysteries set in these earlier eras well, and this one sounds nice and suspenseful perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Greg! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. This does sounds like it is going to be a fantastic mystery. I am not sure that I have read anything set during this era. I hope that you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oOOH I LOVE that cover and the mystery surrounding that period sounds like an intriguing read. Looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sassy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. This one sounds great. Thanks for sharing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Krystianna! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed Abigail's first novel (which surprised me since I'm not an avid historical fiction reader) so at some point, I'll have to pick this one up too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her first novel is at the top of my wish list. I hope to get it soon. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Makes me even more eager to pick up a copy. Thanks for coming by, Rissi! :)

      Delete