Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: Storm Rising (Book of the Wars #1) by Ronie Kendig

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Storm Rising (Book of the Wars #1) by Ronie Kendig releasing July 2.

About the Book
Mentioned in the pages of the Septuagint but lost to history, the Book of the Wars has resurfaced, and its pages hold secrets--and dangers--never before seen on earth.

Tasked with capturing the ancient text, former Navy SEAL Leif Metcalfe is finally given command of his own team. But their best efforts are ruined when a notorious Bulgarian operative known as "Viorica" snatches the volume right out from under them.

Iskra "Viorica" Todorova is determined to use the book to secure the thing that matters most--freedom. But a series of strange storms erupts around the globe and the coming dangers foretold in the text threaten crops, lives--entire nations.
Though both are haunted by secrets of their past and neither trusts the other, Leif and Iskra must form an uneasy alliance to thwart impending disaster. However, the truth hidden in two-thousand-year-old words could unleash the storm of their own destruction.

Why I Need It
I'll read anything Ronie Kendig writes. Her books are awesome, so action-packed, intense, complex, and just downright good. This new series sounds amazing and I can't wait to start reading it!

What upcoming release are you excited about?

12 comments:

  1. I enjoy an action packed story! This sounds like it would make a really good movie too! Thanks for sharing.

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see this as a movie or pretty much any of Ronie's other books too. It'd be epic! Thanks for coming by, Lindy! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read anything by her before, but this sounds good. I'll have to look into it. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here books are the best! I highly recommend them. Thanks for stopping by, Laura! :)

      Delete
  3. Whoa! This is an epic looking cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's so awesome! Thanks for the visit, Laura! :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like it will be quite intense! And the start of a new series! I will have to check this one out. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intense is the perfect word to describe Ronie's books. I'm so excited for this new one. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. I can see why you're excited for this one. I like the idea of The Book of Wars and what it can unleash. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It's so intriguing. Thanks for coming by, Lark! :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh! I love the look of this cover!! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Thanks for stopping by, Ronyell! :)

      Delete