Thursday, April 25, 2019

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Kitty Confidential (Pet Whisperer PI #1) by Molly Fitz

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Kitty Confidential (Pet Whisperer PI #1) by Molly Fitz. It's a short, little cozy mystery that I recently finished. It was ridiculous at times, but still a lot of fun.

About the Book
I was just your normal twenty-something with seven associate degrees and no idea what I wanted to do with my life. That is, until I died… Well, almost.

As if a near-death experience at the hands of an old coffeemaker wasn’t embarrassing enough, I woke up to find I could talk to animals. Or rather one animal in particular.

His full name is Octavius Maxwell Ricardo Edmund Frederick Fulton, but since that’s way too long for anyone to remember, I’ve taken to calling him Octo-Cat. He talks so fast he can be difficult to understand, but seems to be telling me that his late owner didn’t die of natural causes like everyone believes.

Well, now it looks like I no longer have a choice, apparently my life calling is to serve as Blueberry Bay’s first ever pet whisperer P.I while maintaining my façade as a paralegal at the offices of Fulton, Thompson & Associates.

I just have one question: How did Dr. Doolittle make this gig look so easy?

Book Beginning
The first thing you should know about me is that I hate lawyers. The second is that I work for them.

Friday 56
I hoisted the bag further up my shoulder and strode forward with the confidence of someone who didn't have a talking cat secretly stashed in her bag.

What have you been reading lately?

16 comments:

  1. Kitty Confidential looks interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was silly at times, but still pretty entertaining. Thanks for coming by, Breana! :)

      Delete
  2. This book sounds delightful! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE GIRL HE USED TO KNOW”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! Thanks for stopping by, Laurel-Rain! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It definitely had me laughing quite a few times. Thanks for visiting, Anne! :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a book I'd enjoy. This week I am spotlighting Pit Perfect Murder by Renee George which is a mashup of a lot of my favorite genres. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Pit Perfect Murder. I hope you like it too! Thanks for the visit, Kathy! :)

      Delete
  5. Not liking lawyers yet working for them sounds like a good set up for some conflict.

    Is it just me, or does that cat on the cover look a bit strange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look a bit strange. It's cute, but there's just something a little off about it. I can't put my finger on what though. Thanks for stopping by, Roberta! :)

      Delete
  6. I giggled at the beginning. Sounds like a good one. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too, lol! Thanks for coming by, Freda! :)

      Delete
  7. This is such a fun premise. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete