Monday, December 18, 2023

Review: The Blonde Identity by Ally Carter

About the Book
It’s the middle of the night in the middle of Paris and a woman just woke up with no memory.

She only knows three things for certain:

1. She has a splitting headache.

2. The hottest guy she has (probably) ever seen is standing over her, telling her to run.

And oh yeah…

3. People keep trying to kill her.

She doesn’t know who. Or why. But when she sees footage of herself fighting off a dozen men there’s only one explanation: obviously. . . she’s a spy!

Except, according to Mr. Hot Guy, she’s not. She’s a spy’s identical twin sister.

Too bad the only person who knows she’s not the woman they’re looking for is this very grouchy, very sexy, very secret agent who (reluctantly) agrees to help her disappear. Which is easier said than done when a criminal organization wants you dead and every intelligence service in the world wants you caught.

Luckily, no one is looking for a pair of lovesick newlyweds on their honeymoon. And soon they’re lying their way across Europe—dodging bullets and faking kisses as they race to unravel a deadly conspiracy and clear her sister’s name.

But with every secret they uncover, the truth shifts, until she no longer knows who to trust: the twin she can’t remember or the mysterious man she can’t let herself forget…


MY THOUGHTS

I absolutely loved this story! It’s a romantic comedy that features a hefty dose of suspense and mystery. Talk about a perfect combination!

I was a huge fan of the Gallagher Girl series, and this book made me think of a grownup version of those stories. It was so much fun! The amnesia trope is always hit or miss for me, so I’m happy to say that it was a hit in this book. It worked so well!

I loved that this book didn’t take itself too seriously. I laughed the whole way through. It was exactly the type of lighthearted fun I needed. It was fast-paced and exciting. I need more books like this in my life. It was so good!

I will say, though, that a little suspension of belief was needed. It didn’t hinder my enjoyment a bit, though. There was some bad language, and while there were no open-door scenes, it came close a few times and was a little spicier than I tend to like. But other than that, this was a fantastic read. I’m hoping for more books featuring these characters!

FOUR STARS

4 comments:

  1. I love when a book is able to make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Sometimes, that's just the kind of book I need. :D

      Delete
  2. This sounds so fun! I've put it on my TBR list and can't wait to read it. It's got such a great premise. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. :D

      Delete