Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Review: For the Sake of Her Sons by Allie Pleiter

About the Book
Fear has been holding them back

But love can open any door…

Healing from a tragedy has been challenging for Willa Scottson. And not even Camp True North Springs seems to ease the pain. But photographer and swim instructor Bruce Lawrence is determined to help the grieving widow and her twin boys, for their sake—and for his. Carrying his own sorrow and guilt, this is his chance to make amends, if Willa will let him once the truth comes out…

From Love Inspired: Uplifting stories of faith, forgiveness and hope.

True North Springs


Book 1: Restoring Their Family
Book 2: The Nurse's Homecoming
Book 3: For the Sake of Her Sons


MY THOUGHTS

I loved this story! Allie Pleiter’s books always make me feel the full spectrum of emotions. I don’t know how she does it, but there’s always some aspect of her books that I can relate to and a spiritual message that I need to hear. I loved how this story dealt with facing fears and finding courage.

I enjoyed visiting Camp True North Springs again. It’s such a special and inspiring place where families can go to help them deal with the grief of losing a loved one to tragedy.

I liked Bruce right from the start. There was a gentleness about him that really drew me to him. He was so kind and patient with Willa’s twin boys, Joe and Jack. Willa had some sharp edges, which was completely understandable considering what she'd been through. And I know firsthand how fear can do that to a person. I ended up really liking her and was rooting for her to overcome her fears.

All in all, this was another heartwarming and sweet story by Allie Pleiter. If you’re a fan of this genre, you’ll love this book!

I received an advanced copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment