Monday, December 19, 2022

Review: Barking up the Wrong Tree (Gone to the Dogs #3) by Janice Thompson

About the Book
A Champion Dog Is Off His Game

Grab a puppy to snuggle and unwind with a delightful small-town mystery in book 3 of the Gone to the Dogs series.

Inquisitive, detail-oriented, Veterinarian Kristin Keller prides herself on winning over any dog. But has this self-proclaimed dog whisperer finally met her match in a Sheltie named Remington who has just won the Texas state agility course competition? The champion pooch is acting out of sorts—almost as if he is not the same dog. Has he, by chance, been switched out with another dog just before the next big competition? Kristin and the other Lone Star employees will do anything to help the Atkinson family figure out this mystery surrounding their beloved Remington.


MY THOUGHTS

This was another fun addition to the series. Each book follows a different character, so they're all standalones.

This is Kristin's story, and I loved getting to know her better. She's a great vet who really cares about her patients. She really goes the extra mile for them. She's thrown into a mystery surrounding one of her regular clients, an award-winning Sheltie named Remington. Come to find out, the dog she's treating isn't actually Remi, but an imposter! What happened to the real Remi? Did someone switch dogs? And if so, why?

I loved how the whole team of employees at the vet clinic pulled together to solve the mystery surrounding Remi. They really went out of their way to find him, which was so refreshing to see.

I thought the mystery was really well done. It definitely kept me guessing. It could've been any one of the many suspects. Towards the end of the story, I did start to have strong suspicions about one of them and was excited when my guess turned out to be right.

I highly recommend this story to anyone who enjoys small towns and feel-good cozy mysteries.

I received an advanced copy of this book via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this series; I've got the first one, Off the Chain, at the top of my January reading list. Now if only I had a dog to snuggle with! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it, Lark! It's a really cute series. :D

      Delete