Thursday, December 29, 2022

Review: A Holly Jilly Christmas by Emma St. Clair

About the Book
My life is nothing like the movies we make at the studio where I work--especially not when it comes to relationships.

Which means that there will be absolutely NO romance between me and Case, the grumpy exec I've had a crush on from our very first not-so-meet-cute.

We're simply two coworkers scouting the town of Sheet Cake, Texas as a location for filming.

That's it.

Though, to be honest, I'm suspicious of why Case came on this trip at all.

Whatever the reason, there will be no Christmas magic, and definitely NO mistletoe kisses.

But when Case actually starts talking to me--gasp!--and reveals the humor and kindness buried beneath his gruff persona, my little crush explodes into something a lot harder to hide.

Except he's harboring secrets of his own.

And I'm starting to wonder if his cagey behavior is because he's planning to take credit for my (admittedly brilliant) idea to make this town our central filming hub.

He's not that kind of man ... right?

All I wanted for Christmas was a promotion, and now I'm falling for the man who might be trying to steal it.

A Holly Jilly Christmas is a grumpy sunshine Christmas novella set in the world of Sheet Cake, Texas. You'll get all the chemistry and laughs in this closed door romance.

Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting

MY THOUGHTS

This was so much fun! I've read quite a few grumpy/sunshine books lately, but this has to be one of the best.

Case and Jilly's banter was hilarious. They had me laughing pretty much from beginning to end. I loved getting to know Case. I liked seeing him open up and getting a glimpse of who he really was behind all that grumpiness. Jilly's anxiety and tendency to think up solutions to worst-case scenarios was so relatable. Is that weird to relate to? I don't know, but it's good to be prepared for everyday things like quicksand and bear attacks.

This is the perfect story if you're looking for a hilarious holiday read. I can't recommend it highly enough!

FIVE STARS

4 comments:

  1. I loved this one as well! Great review, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! I'm glad to hear you loved it too! It was so much fun! :)

      Delete
  2. This one sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to read it. :D Have a great weekend, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lark! Hope you have a great weekend, too! And Happy New Year! :)

      Delete