Thursday, December 8, 2022

Review: Season of Memories (Murphy Brothers Stories #9) by Jennifer Rodewald

About the Book
"There had been grace. Great grace . . . The kind of grace that changed a life. His life."

Kevin and Helen Murphy have seen good times, and they’ve gone through dark valleys. In their nearly forty years of marriage, they’ve raised seven boys, built two thriving businesses, and witnessed time and again the wonder of God’s faithful love.

When a health crisis puts the entire family on high alarm, the memories begin to flow.

Witness their story—the highs and the lows—as the Murphys walk through this tender and poignant season of memories.


MY THOUGHTS

This was the perfect conclusion to what has become one of my all-time favorite series. I'm having trouble finding the words to express just how much this series has meant to me. It touched my heart and spoke to me in so many ways, all the while bringing me closer to God.

I've really come to love the Murphy family as my own. They became more than just characters in a book. They were so realistic. So authentic. At times, I'd see myself in them. I saw family and friends. I feel like I came to a better understanding of others because of these characters. It was so inspiring, powerful, and soul-stirring watching them go through the everyday struggles and joys of life, the hard times and the good, all while leaning on the steadfast love of the Lord.

I loved that this story was about Helen and Kevin (Mom and Dad Murphy). I've always admired them, so I loved getting to know them even better. I liked how the memories from their past were woven throughout the story. It was so nice seeing their beginnings, the ups and downs of their relationship.

I can't recommend this highly enough. If you're looking for an emotional, poignant, and heartfelt read filled with a powerful message of faith, grab yourself a copy. You won't be disappointed.

I received an advanced copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

2 comments:

  1. What a great review - it's clear how much you love and value this series. That's what a good review should do to help others decide if the book is for them. Isn't it great when we find something that speaks so strongly to us?
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/wednesday-meme-15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terrie! I agree! It's something so special when that happens. :)

      Delete