Monday, October 3, 2022

Review: Dog Days of Summer (Gone to the Dogs #2) by Kathleen Y'Barbo

About the Book
Mishaps Abound as Second Chance Ranch Struggles to Get Its Start

Grab a lap dog to cuddle and relax into a fun small-town mystery as a new dog rescue project turns into a three-ring circus of calamities in book 2 of the Gone to the Dogs series.

Trina Potter, Nashville country music star, buys a ranch near her hometown in Brenham, Texas, to help her niece open a rescue facility for dogs. Her presence in town stirs up some old high school rivalries—and romance. Finding property to buy is a challenge, convincing her mother to move there with her is daunting, and navigating a string of strange accidents is perplexing. Sometimes Trina feels like she’s purchased her own three ring circus instead of a beautiful piece of land. But her first priority will be figuring out who wants Second Chance Ranch shut down before they even have the grand opening.


MY THOUGHTS

What a great followup to "Off the Chain". This can be read as a standalone, but I'd still recommend reading book one first because you'll be missing out on a wonderful story if you don't.

I love the town of Brenham and the great cast of characters. Trina was likable and, despite the fact that she's a famous country music star, relatable and down to earth. Wyatt was a total sweetheart. I couldn't help but fall for him. Mama Peach still had to be my favorite character, though. She's something else, lol!

The mystery was an intriguing one. There were a lot of pieces to it and I didn't figure out most of it until the very end. It definitely took some surprising turns.

This feel-good cozy mystery left a big smile on my face. It's sure to delight lovers of dogs and small town mysteries. I can't wait for the next book!

I received an advanced copy of this book via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. This does sound like another fun one. but then, anything with dogs. :D I still need to read Off the Chain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Add dogs to a book and I'm instantly intrigued. :D

      Delete