Thursday, April 21, 2022

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Olive (Rainbow Falls #2) by Heather Gray

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday.

This week I'm featuring Olive (Rainbow Falls #2) by Heather Gray.

About the Book (From Goodreads)
Rainbow Falls…where life is filled with vivid color.

Olive Green’s world has turned upside down. The future she thought she was building is gone. Now she’s an unemployed CPA forced to move back home and sleep on an air mattress at her sister’s while picking up temp work to survive. Only, this latest temp job requires an NDA before she even goes to the interview. And the man who opens the door? Yeah, he’s not at all what she expected.

Damien Rhoades had it all – or so he thought. His voice was on every country music station, and he had the bank account to prove it. When reality crashed in on him, though, he ran from the bright lights of fame and from the God he’d once promised to serve. Isolation has become his self-inflicted punishment, his way of atoning for past sins too numerous to count and too dark to face. Then Olive bursts into his life driving her muscle car and lighting up his home with laughter.

Can a woman who feels adrift in her life be a guiding light? Will a man barricaded behind walls fortified with shame be strong enough to let the light in?

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
Olive Green stared, mouth hanging open, as her longtime friend slid a document across the desk to her.
Ruby nodded once. "It's a mostly standard non-disclosure agreement, but read it before you sign it."

Friday 56
Olive's eyes were almost closed when movement in her doorway tugged her back from the brink of sleep.

What have you been reading lately?

24 comments:

  1. Having slept on my sister's floor on an air mattress, I can relate.
    Did you read the first one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the first one yet, but I had no trouble following along with this one. :)

      Delete
  2. One looks at people who have fame and think they must be happy. Not the case often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun romantic comedy to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! It has some funny moments, but also some really poignant and deep ones too. Such a great combination. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like the perfect weekend read for me!

    Enjoy!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by her although I do have one of her books on my TBR. I added the first book of this series thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are always so good! I think you'll like them. Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  6. I would love to find out what happens to her! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “JUST LIKE MOTHER”

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first lines come from Fatal Code by Natalie Walters which comes out next month. :
    Maple Valley, Iowa
    “Death has no sting.”
    He studied the pastor speaking from the stage, a giant cross hanging behind him and smirked. Depends on how you kill someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for this one! Hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Friday!
    I’m currently reading Blind Date with a Billionaire Reality Star by Evangeline Kelly. It’s super good!
    “I wasn’t sure if they were his actual favorite or not, but it thrilled me that Abby and I would have two hours with him on a sunset boat ride. The thought was absolutely heavenly.”
    I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great beginning! I'll have to look into this one. Hope you have a fantastic weekend too! :)

      Delete
  9. She drives a muscle car? That's awesome! Have a great weekend, Ashley. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? So cool! Hope you have a great weekend too, Lark! :)

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a good one to me! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first line is from Counterfeit Love by Crystal Caudill. Happy Weekend!

    https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/04/22/counterfeit-love/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I'm looking forward to that one! Hope you're enjoying it! Have a great week! :)

      Delete