Thursday, April 22, 2021

Review: Mountain Survival by Christy Barritt

About the Book

An injured victim has disappeared…

Can a park ranger and her K-9 find him?

When search-and-rescue park ranger Autumn Mercer and her K-9 partner, Sherlock, meet a stranger in the mountains whose brother is injured, they drop everything to help. But all they find where Derek Peterson last saw his sibling is a trail of blood—and men who want them dead. With gunmen closing in, can Autumn and Derek survive long enough to save his brother?


MY THOUGHTS

Mountain Survival was another exciting, suspense-filled mystery from Christy Barritt. As I've come to expect from Barritt, it's fast-paced with the characters in an almost constant state of danger. Almost every chapter ended with a nail-biter of a situation, making me race through the pages as fast as I could.

My favorite character was search and rescue dog, Sherlock. He was loyal, brave, and hardworking. A scene-stealer, for sure! I didn't feel much of a connection with the human characters, though. Their romance developed a little too fast for my liking, but I guess that's to be expected in this type of book.

Although this wasn't my favorite book from Barritt, it was still an enjoyable and compelling read.

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

3.5 STARS

4 comments: