Thursday, April 29, 2021

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Realms of Light (The Colliding Line #2) by Sandra Fernandez Rhoads

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Realms of Light (The Colliding Line #2) by Sandra Fernandez Rhoads. I shared the first book in this series at the beginning of the month and was excited to get my hands on a copy of this sequel. I really enjoyed it! It was a great conclusion to the series! 

I loved how classic works of art, and the epic poem Paradise Lost were woven throughout the stories. How integral a part they played in things. If you're a fan of YA urban fantasy, I think you'll like it. 

About the Book
From the Ashes, Spring Will Rise

On the run from the brutal Sage and his army of Legions and Cormorants, seventeen-year-old Cera Marlowe knows the only place strong enough to protect her is the Alliance Council Estate.

Cera’s introduction to the Estate is far from welcoming. As a Blight, her dueling powers of light and darkness make her a half-breed threat to the Alliance’s sacred powers. Cera’s ability to decipher hidden messages in classical artwork buys her shelter temporarily, but the clock is ticking as she’s faced with a daunting choice that could cost her everything.

Book Beginnings
I bounce my foot as Devon drives us deeper into the forest at a crawling pace.

Friday 56
I fling the door open and forge into the hallway, desperate to find my mother. But as soon as I step into the hall, a warning pang kicks inside me.

What have you been reading lately?

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, she's just really good at sensing when something is wrong. Thanks for coming by! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Now you have piqued my interest! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “FALLOUT”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really compelling read! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, that cover is fabulous! YA urban fantasy, you say? Hmm. Those snippets sound like this would be a fun, fast-paced book. I might just have to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! I never knew what was going to happen next. I'd think I had it figured out, and then there'd be a curveball that would change everything. Thanks for visiting! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Interesting cover and snippets!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I do too! Thanks for coming by, Lark! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed this one, Ashley. I still haven't read the first book but hope to. I'm really curious to see how Paradise Lost is woven in. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so interesting, an well done, how all the classics are woven in. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  7. It's nice when the author weaves in some tidbits to add depth to the story. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love when authors do that. Thanks for visiting! Have a lovely weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. I think I need to add this series to my tbr. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun one, for sure! Thanks for coming by! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete