Monday, February 22, 2021

Review: Glitch and Famous (Worst Detective Ever #10) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
Someone is determined to cancel Joey’s friend . . . permanently.

TV detective Joey Darling is back at her beach home after wrapping up filming on her latest show, and she’s ready to plan her wedding with real-life leading man, Jackson Sullivan. With a clear schedule, nothing will stop her.

Until . . . an old acquaintance battling public backlash comes to visit and puts a glitch in her plans. When her friend is beaten, finding the people responsible becomes first priority.

But as events escalate, Joey’s big day seems to move further and further away. Can Joey help her friend and finally plan her dream wedding? Or will Joey become guilty—and risk her own life—by association?


My Thoughts

I was so excited for this tenth installment of the Worst Detective Ever series. I had missed Joey and her crazy antics and the rest of the quirky cast of characters so much.

Joey's ready for some downtime as she plans her wedding to Jackson Sullivan. But as we all know, life is never dull for long when Joey's around. An old acquaintance of hers, Lennon Seagram, has come to stay with Joey to try to hide from the press after a publicity nightmare. It's not long before trouble finds Lennon as she's attacked and beaten up. Threats continue to pour in and the danger surrounding her and her friend escalates.

I really enjoyed this story. It was a quick and exciting read that I had an impossible time putting down. I figured out what was really going on pretty quick, but there was a nice little twist that came along and shook things up.

This series is such a breath of fresh air. It's so much fun and full of so many laughs and a ton of heart. I highly recommend it.

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe this series is already on book #10 when I haven't even managed to read the first one yet. I'm always so far behind! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to double check to make sure this was book ten. I couldn't believe there were already so many. It didn't seem possible, lol. And I hear you on getting behind. I feel like there are so many I'll never get caught up on. There's just too many good ones out there and never enough time to read them all. :D

      Delete