Monday, January 4, 2021

Review: Chaos Rising (Edge of Collapse #0.5) by Kyla Stone

About the Book
On Christmas Eve, the lights go out.

Reclusive former soldier Liam Coleman doesn't want to be anywhere near bustling downtown Chicago the day before Christmas, but his twin brother and pregnant sister-in-law need him.

Mere minutes after leaving O'Hare, their car crashes, along with hundreds of other vehicles. When Liam's phone stops working, he knows something is very wrong.

But before he can react, the first plane falls from the sky...

Chaos Rising is the 85-page prequel to the Edge of Collapse apocalyptic series, a riveting EMP thriller featuring flawed, complex characters and heart-in-your-throat action. Perfect for fans of Ryan Schow, Jack Hunt, Boyd Craven, and Grace Hamilton.

The book includes a sneak peek of Edge of Collapse, book #1 in the acclaimed survival series.

Rated PG-13 for mild language and moderate violence.


My Thoughts

This was a bit of a melancholic read, but understandably so given the circumstances of what's going on in the book. It's a very compelling read, nonetheless. Incredibly realistic which makes it scary too. It's pretty much what I'd picture actually happening if there really was an EMP.

I liked Liam a lot and am eager to know what happens to him next. I'm very much looking forward to book one. If you're a fan of these types of stories, I recommend checking out this quick and entertaining read.

Four Stars

4 comments:

  1. I've seen Kyla Stone's books a lot on Amazon, but I've never read any of them. Good to know you like her writing. I'll have to try her sometime, because I do really like these kinds of stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my friends has read a couple of books in this series and enjoyed them. So when I saw this one pop up on Amazon for free, I snatched it up and thought I'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did. It was really good. I forgot just how much I enjoy these kinds of books. I definitely want to read more of them this year. :)

      Delete
  2. I like survival stories and may check out the first book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it if you do check it out. I'm excited to get to it soon... hopefully. :)

      Delete