Thursday, January 21, 2021

Review: A Dream within a Dream (Coffey & Hill #3) by Mike Nappa & Melissa Kosci

About the Book
Trudi Coffey only realizes that she hasn't seen Samuel Hill in weeks when the FBI shows up asking questions about him. After a strange encounter with an armed man demanding her help and an attack by a member of the Boston mob looking for someone named Dream, Trudi manages to find Samuel--or rather, he finds her. He's made some pretty powerful enemies, but right now his full attention is on protecting Dream from the mob. Because Dream has something they want--the map to the location of artwork stolen from the Gardener Museum during the infamous 1990 heist.

With danger closing in from all sides, Trudi and Samuel will have to call on all of their allies to keep Dream safe and discover the identity of the people who have been hunting down Samuel. The real questions are whom can they trust? And who will make it out of this thing alive?


My Thoughts

I loved the first two books in this series so I was ecstatic to finally read this long-awaited third installment. I was a little bit afraid that it wouldn't live up to my expectations, but I had nothing to worry about. It was just as good, just as compelling, just as exciting. I loved it.

It was so great seeing Trudi and Samuel again, getting to know Eula even better, and meeting new character Dream. All of these characters really came to life and seemed to jump right off the page. That's one of the things I've loved most about this series. The characters are so complex and multi-dimensional. They feel real and genuine.

This was an incredibly compelling read. It was fast paced, hard to put down, and full of so many surprising twists and turns. I was sad to reach the conclusion because that ending? My gosh, I need more! I have so many questions! If you're a fan of suspense, definitely check out this series. It's one of the best out there.

Five Stars

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the Gardener Museum Heist! That alone is enough to intrigue me. The FBI did finally solve the case, but the paintings have never been recovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I had no idea that was an actual, real-life case. That's so cool!

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to read this one! :D

    ReplyDelete