Thursday, January 7, 2021

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: The Entity Game (Aurora Donati #1) by Lisa Shearin

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring The Entity Game (Aurora Donati #1) by Lisa Shearin. This was a Christmas gift that I was super happy to receive. I love Shearin's SPI Files, so I was excited to try her new series out. It's way different, but just as good. 

About the Book
A powerful United States senator and his aide die in their office of cardiac arrests. The next day, a second senator dies of an aneurysm. Officials declare their deaths natural causes, but the FBI fears there is something sinister happening on Capitol Hill and looks to psychometric detective Aurora Donati to investigate. Rory’s ability to get information from people or objects with a single touch uniquely qualifies her to explain the inexplicable. Only this time, she begins to wonder if she is up against forces that no one has ever encountered before.

The next attack strikes close to home and turns Rory’s world upside down. She finds herself entangled in a deadly mix of terrorists, corrupt politicians, and secretive intelligence agencies in a web of deception and conspiracy dating back to experiments performed in a Cold War-era Soviet laboratory and perfected by modern science.

Someone else is pursuing the truth: Gabriel Marshall, CIA operative, who has an agenda and abilities of his own. They find themselves locked in a deadly game, stalked by a seemingly supernatural assassin who puts Rory and Gabriel’s abilities to the ultimate test in a deadly duel. Time is running out and Rory must counter each move and play the game to its heart-stopping end in the halls of the US Capitol itself.

Book Beginnings
Sleep was not overrated.

Friday 56
I'd never been good at waiting, and my impatience and fear were magnified times a thousand at the thought of emergency room doctors working on someone I loved.

What have you been reading lately?

16 comments:

  1. I can 100% relate to that book opening. xD As much as I love saying sleep is for the weak, I wholeheartedly agree that it's underrated, if anything. Oooh, that 56 snippet sounds really interesting, too.

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate to the beginning too. Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of this one. Very tempting! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE WIFE UPSTAIRS”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's very hard to put down! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    Your books sounds intriguing...I'll be adding this one
    to my TBR list. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherrie! Hope you have a great day too! :)

      Delete
  5. Love that opening line! Sounds like a great read! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a lot of fun, Ashley. I agree with Sammie and the narrator. Sleep is definitely underrated. I hope you are enjoying this one! Have a great weekend. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is, lol! Happy reading to you too! :)

      Delete